Saturday 30 March 2013

Answers to lesson 34 - Bodily functions

I hope that you had fun filling in the missing words for each sentence. Here are the answers to those sentences.

1. Mwen tann épi zòwèy-mwen - I hear with my ears.

2. Mwen palé èvèk bouch-mwen - I speak with my mouth.

3. Ou ka dansé épi pyé'w - You dance with your feet.

4. François ka asiz asou fès-li. - François sits on his buttocks.

5. Nou ka santi lòdè-a épi nen-nou. - We smell scents with our noses.

6. Anne ka aplodi épi lanmen-li. - Anne claps with her hands.

7. Zò ké manjé épi bouch-zòt - You will eat with your mouths.

8. Li té gadé mwen épi zyé'y - He watched me with his eyes.

9. Sé ti moun-an té ka kouté listwa-a épi zòwèy-yo. - The children were listening to the story with their ears.

2 comments:

  1. Sentence No. 7, I see you used "ké" for the word "will". I would normally use "kay". Is there a difference in when either one should be used or could they be used equally?

    ReplyDelete
  2. the tense marker "Ké" indicates the indefinite future, while "kay" indicates the immediate future. Trinidadians also have a unique future tense marker "k'alé" which is used in the same way as "kay."

    ReplyDelete