Sunday 1 February 2015

Saying there is / there are

There is / there are
i ni
(ee nee)
==
or you can also say:
 la ni
(la nee) <-- I usually say "i ni"
===

There was: 

i té ni
(ee tay nee)
==
or you can also say:
 la té ni (la tay nee)
===
There will be:
la ké ni
(la kai nee)
or you can also say:
 i ké ni (la kay nee)

In Order To
Pou (poo)


In order to = pou (poo)

Example using There is / there are : LA NI OR I NI

I ni anpil moun ki pa enmen manjé vyann
There are many people who don't like to eat meat. 

Example using There was: LA TÉ NI OR I TÉ NI

La té ni an gwo bitasyon anlè mòn-lan 
There was a big estate on the hill.

Example using there will be: LA KÉ NI OR I KÉ NI

Boug, la ké ni bon bèl fanm adan fèt-sala! 
There will be lots of beautiful women in that party, man!

Example using "in order to": Pou

An tan lontan, moun té ka pwan bato pou wivé Toko.
 Long ago people used to take boats in order to reach Toco (Trinidad).

I have to (must) buy a NEW BED, IN ORDER TO sleep well:
Mwen ni pou achté yon KABANN NÈF, POU mwen sa dòmi byen.

I am covering the food, in order to prevent the dog from eating it.
Mwen ka kouvè manjé-a, pou anpéché chyen-an manjé'y.

No comments:

Post a Comment