Friday 24 February 2012

how do you say screaming in TFC if it is not kriyan?

In Trinidadian French Creole, the verb "to scream" is hélé (hay / lay).

There is NO exact adjective equivalent to the English adjective "screaming". In order to translate "screaming", we place a tense marker BEFORE the verb. Here are some examples:

Hélé : To scream

Mwen ka hélé. - I am screaming.

Ou ka hélé. - You [singular] are screaming.

Li ka hélé. - He, she or it is screaming.

Nou ka hélé. - We are screaming.

Zot ka hélé. - You [plural] are screaming.

Yo ka hélé. - They are screaming.



Gason-an té hélé ban mwen - The boy screamed at me.


Yè, mwen wè yon vyé fanm lèd ki té ka hélé - Yesterday, I saw an old ugly woman who was screaming.


Démen mwen ké wè nonm-lan ki ka hélé. - Tomorrow, I will see the man who screams.


Mwen ni yon chouwèt ki ka hélé - I have a screeching / screaming owl.


Pouki ou ka hélé bay sésé'w? Why are you screaming at your sister?

No comments:

Post a Comment